In our quest to reduce human bias from investing, we have come up with a high risk – high return strategy. This strategy makes up the Alphamultiple Shuffle Portfolio which consists of 15 stocks. The portfolio follows a Buy and Hold approach.
Alphamultiple Shuffle Portfolio Strategy
- Market Cap of companies: Rs 300 Crores and higher
- Number of stocks: 15
- Holding period: 1 Year
- Start Date: 1st working day of June
- Cash Holding: NIL
We churn the portfolio only once a year. The expected returns are 15% p.a. and higher over a 5 year period.
We look to buy decent businesses at cheap valuations. The markets are known to mis-price stocks and create bargain opportunities. A basket of 15 stocks creates a diversification that is neither too concentrated nor too diluted. While not all stocks deliver positive returns, the overall portfolio performance delivers good returns. However, the draw-downs in the portfolio are relatively sharp. The stocks are ranked on the basis of their earnings, return ratios and valuations.
The Alphamultiple Shuffle Portfolio performance is as follows:
- Positive returns in 3 out of 10 years
- 10 Year CAGR at ~ 20.5% p.a.
- Lowest 3 year returns: -0.63% p.a. (June, 2010 – June, 2013)
- Highest 3 year returns: +46.68% p.a. (June 2013 to June 2016)
Who should invest?
- Have a time frame of 5 years and more
- Expect ~ 15% p.a. over a 5 year period
- Can sit through phases of high volatility and drawdowns
- Age group: 60 and lower (Suggested)
We suggest investors to invest less than 20% of their portfolio in the Alphamultiple Shuffle Portfolio.
How it Works
Once you have access to the portfolio, you can execute the transaction in just one click through the Smallcase platform. Every year, our team will review the portfolio and rebalance it. We will send you regular updates about the portfolio’s performance along with other reports.
To invest, checkout our advisory plans.
How many stocks do we own in our portfolio: Live Portfolio
Take a free trial of our research reports: Free Trial Form
Do subscribe to our telegram channel: Click here.